From Apple PR:
CUPERTINO, California—April 23, 2014—Apple® today announced financial results for its fiscal 2014 second quarter ended March 29, 2014. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $45.6 billion and quarterly net profit of $10.2 billion, or $11.62 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $43.6 billion and net profit of $9.5 billion, or $10.09 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 39.3 percent compared to 37.5 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 66 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
- iPhone sales increase 17% Year Over Year from 37 million to 43 million units
- iPad sales decrease 16% Year Over Year from 19 million to 16 million units
- Mac Sales increase 5% Year Over Year from 3.9 million to 4.1 million units
Also from Apple PR:
The Board of Directors has also announced a seven-for-one stock split. Each Apple shareholder of record at the close of business on June 2, 2014 will receive six additional shares for every share held on the record date, and trading will begin on a split-adjusted basis on June 9, 2014.
Does that mean I could finally buy 10 Apple Stocks instead of none?
Apple Releases Security Update 2014-002.
Security Update 2014-002 is recommended for all users and improves the security of OS X
Security Update 2014-002 also includes Safari 7.0.3.
Security Update 2014-002 Mavericks
Security Update 2014-002 is recommended for all users and improves the security of OS X. This update also includes Safari 7.0.3.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
For information on the content of Safari 7.0.3, please visit this website:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6195
For some reasons, Apple website is using Lion image for OS X Mavericks Security Update 2014-002. Someone is not paying attention to the detail.
Apple release iOS 7.1.1 build 11D201 on Tuesday April 22, 2014.
This update contains improvements, bug fixes and security updates, including:
- Further improvements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Fixes a bug that could impact keyboard responsiveness
- Fixes an issue when using Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iOS 7.1.1 is available via iTunes or Over The Air (OTA). On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 7.1.1 is available for the following iOS devices:
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi 3rd generation
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Firefox 29.0 Beta 9 is now available for download.
This definitely has “You’re Screwed” written all over it, especially if you’re in the middle of something important.
The computer suddenly rebooted and display the message:
“Hard-disk drive failure”
You can only hope the backup system really works.
** On Sale for a Limited Time **
Grab Acorn 4 at a super low price, down from $49.99
Acorn is a more than capable image editor, especially for those who would not want to pay a lot of money to Adobe. (Sorry David)