Apple Announces Fourth Quarter Results
- Quarterly revenue of $36.0 billion ($28.3 billionin the year-ago quarter)
- Quarterly net profit of $8.2 billion ($6.6 billion in the year-ago quarter)
- Apple sold 26.9 million iPhones, 58 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter
- Apple sold 14.0 million iPads, a 26 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter
- Apple sold 4.9 million Macs, a 1 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter
- Apple sold 5.3 million iPods, a 19 percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter
During this quarter, Apple only had two new Mac models, 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro and updated MacBook Air. Users looking to buy iMac and 13-inch MacBook Pro were waiting for for the updated model which were announced on Apple October 23, 2012 Special Event. Apple also announced updated Mac mini during the event.